Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Intercession

"No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." 

Redemption 

"I thought I could have leaped from earth to heaven at one spring when I first saw my sins drowned in the Redeemer's blood." 

World/Field

I have but one passion: It is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ. 

Eternity

Martin Luther says

 Some people do not like to hear much of repentance; but I think it is so necessary that if I should die in the pulpit, I would desire to die preaching repentance, and if out of the pulpit I would desire to die practicing it.

Short Quotes

If you haven't heard from GOD" lately, Try sending some knee mail!"

Burden for Souls

• It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor. 

• I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light.

Proverbs 10:2

Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death.

Thoughts on Today's Verse...
.
My mom regularly reminded my brothers and I as we grew up that sin is often a false shortcut to a good thing. In a similar way, the Holy Spirit reminds us that falsely acquired riches are not the path to a rich and full life, which can only be truly acquired through godliness.

Quotes:

• Go where you are celebrated instead of where you are tolerated.

• One day of favor is worth thousand days of labor.

Evangelism:

Beware of reasoning about God’s Word - obey it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment