About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Facts about the Holy Spirit.

Can be vexed:

Isaiah 63:10  
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.

Can enter into men:
Ezekiel 2:2  
As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.

Fell upon:
Ezekiel 11:5  
Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon me, and he told me to say: “This is what the LORD says: That is what you are saying, O house of Israel, but I know what is going through your mind.

Makes men full of power:
Micah 3:8  
But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin.

Can cast out devils:
Matthew 12:28  
But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Can be given to men by the Father:
Luke 11:13  
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
  
Is a Spirit of grace and supplications:
Zechariah 12:10  
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Ephesians 6:18  
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Hebrews 10:29  
How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Can descend:
Matthew 3:16  
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.

John 1:32-33  
32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
33 I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment