About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving – for Christ’s power and reign

Revelation 11:17  

saying: “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

Thanksgiving – for the reception of the word of God in others

1 Thessalonians 2:13  

And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

Thanksgiving – for deliverance through Christ from indwelling sin

Romans 7:23-25  

23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.

24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?

25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Thanksgiving – for victory over death and the grave

1 Corinthians 15:57  

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Evangelism

“The goal of evangelism is to lower the flag of self and raise the banner of Christ.” – Ron Bennett

“Soul-winning is the chief business of the Christian; indeed, it should be the main pursuit of every true believer.” – C. H. Spurgeon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment