About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

God’s Promises


God has given us many PROMISES which we see and read in the Word of God. This morning I want to encourage you all by mentioning just few references from the Bible, you may go through all today or just one. God be with you as you do.

Philippians 4:19

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Corinthians 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Titus 1:2

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Psalm 84:11

For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly

John 14:18

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 6:55-59

For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.   He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.   As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live forever.   These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum

John 6: 67-71

Then said Jesus unto the twelve,   Will ye also go away?   Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.   And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. 

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?    He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

John 20:19-23

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.   And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.  

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.   And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:   Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment