About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, May 6, 2017

A Vast Army

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.” 2 Chronicles 32:7-8a
What an amazing story and a great example of God’s power! Are you overwhelmed by circumstances in your life today? Do you feel like a “vast army” has your life under siege? The God who provided relief to Judah is with you today.

God I choose to trust you, and I thank you for your presence with me. I present my life in all its circumstances to you. I believe that you have a good plan for me. I ask you for wisdom to recognize what I must do and to understand what is in your hands to do on my behalf. Amen.

Christianity at its best …

. It is at its best socially when men are leaping at earth other’s throats.

. It is at its best spiritually when men have lost the sense of the Presence of God.

. The crisis finds the Christian religion with the word of mastery.

. And if that word is heard and heeded, the crisis will be a crisis no longer.

Hebrews 11:13

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.

I'm not good at waiting for much of anything. I'm like the kids who have seen the catalogues for Christmas toys and are anxious for the big gift day. God does have a great Gift Day ahead for us. On that wonderful day, all our waiting will be over and our faith will become sight. Let's follow the example of these great heroes of faith, and welcome that day from afar, by anticipation, praising God for his victory through Jesus Christ in our lives.

Thoughts 

- Christ showed His love by dying for us; we show our love by living for Him.

- Beware! Error often rides to its deadly work on the back of truth!

- We are never as empty as when we are full of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment