About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, February 3, 2012

But Christ lives in me


“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me”…Galatians 2:20
What would that be like? To have a child within is a miracle, but to have Christ within?

To have my voice, but him speaking.

My steps, but Christ leading.

My heart, but his love beating

In me, through me, with me.

What’s like to have Christ on the inside?


To tap his strength when mine expires

Or feel the force of heaven’s fires

Raging, purging wrong desires.

Could Christ become myself entire?


So much him, so little me

That in my eyes it’s him they see.

What’s like to a Mary be?

No longer I, but Christ in me.

Paraclete:

By David Seamands.

I read the experience of a man who underwent open heart surgery. He said:

The day before the surgery an attractive nurse came into my room to visit. She took hold of my hand, and told me to feel it and hold it. I thought that was a great idea!

Now,” she said, “during the surgery tomorrow you will be disconnected from your heart and you will be kept alive only by virtue of certain machines. And when your heart is finally restored and the operation is over and you are recovering, you will eventually awaken in a special recovery room. But you will be immobile for as long as six hours. You may be unable to move, or speak, or even to open your eyes, but you will be perfectly conscious and you will hear and you will know everything that is going on around you. During those six hours I will be at your side and I will hold your hand, exactly as I am doing now. I will stay with you until you are fully recovered. Although you may feel absolutely helpless, when you feel my hand, you will know that I will not leave you.”
It happened exactly as the nurse told me. I awoke, and could do nothing. But I could feel the nurse’s hand in my hand for hours. And that made the difference!

Jesus’ favorite word for His promised presence in the Holy Spirit is Paraclete—“the One called alongside.” Engrave the words of Jesus on your mind until they will be such a part of you that during the lowest depression you will know, regardless of how you feel that He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment