About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, February 13, 2012

What the Bible says about envy? – Part 3


Results of envy

Job 5:2  

Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple.

Proverbs 14:30  

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Proverbs 27:4  

Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

Song of Songs 8:6  

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

1 Corinthians 3:3  

You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?

James 3:14  

But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.

James 5:9  

Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

Honest with God

If you hide your sins, you will not succeed. Proverbs 28:13

Our [high school] baseball coach had a firm rule against chewing tobacco. We had a couple of players who were known to sneak a chew, and he wanted to call it to our attention.

He got our attention, all right. Before long we’d all tried it. A sure test of manhood was to take a chew when the pouch was passed down the bench. I had barely made the team; I sure wasn’t going to fail the test of manhood.

One day I’d just popped a plug in my mouth when one of the players warned, “Here comes the coach!” Not wanting to get caught, I did what came naturally, I swallowed. Gulp.

I added new meaning to the Scripture, “I felt weak deep inside me. I moaned all day long.…” I paid the price for hiding my disobedience.

My body was not made to ingest tobacco. Your soul was not made to invest sin.

May I ask a frank question? Are you keeping any secrets from God? … Take a pointer from a nauseated third baseman. You’ll feel better if you get it out. – Max Lucado


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment