About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

An Evangelist’s Growth List.

. Do I spend regular time in prayer and Bible study each day?

. Do I take time to listen to God, to wait for Him to speak and reveal His thoughts and plans to me?

. Do I ask the Holy Spirit to search my life? Do I confess my sins regularly?

. Do I study the Bible and plan carefully about preaching work I am to do? 

. Am I trying to improve myself in speech, appearance, knowledge if the Bible and my skills?
. When I go to preach, do I have other believers with me?

. Have I asked God to attend the ministry He has given me with His anointing and power?

. Am I filled with the power of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2?

. Do I have people who will pray every day for my ministry and for me, especially when I go to preach or share the Gospel with others? 

. Do I pray for more boldness, in order to best preach Christ?

. Have I fasted and prayed this month?

. Do I know what the Bible says about praying and trusting God for finances, so that the provision will be there to provide for my family AND my ministry?

. Do I have a mentor to help me? Have I asked God for someone to train me?

. Is there a man or woman I should ask to invest time and work into my life and ministry?

. Have I prayed and asked God to show me other men or women I must train and help in evangelism?  If so, what am I doing about it?

. Am I disciplined in my walk with God or am I lazy?

. Do I spend good, nurturing time with my spouse and children?

. Do I put things off or do I work hard, keep my commitments and honor my word?

. Is my thought life pure? Does my thought life belong totally to God?

. Do I read the Bible and other Christian books to help me grow?

. Do I work with pastors to help fill their churches or plant new ones?

. Have I read and studied - and do I follow - the qualifications in Scripture for those who are called to leadership in Christ’s Church? - 1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9

. Use this list to give yourself - and fellow evangelists - reminders and encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment