About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Don’t go there.

John 8:32

You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

You must do something similar regarding the painful experience from your past. Refuse to go back there emotionally; refuse to dredge up negative emotional memories. They will do you no good; in fact, strongly felt negative emotions hold the potential to severely stifle your progress.

Think of it like this: Every person has two main files in his or her memory system. The first is the file filled with all the good things that have happened to us. It’s full of our victories and accomplishments, all the things that have bought us joy and happiness through the years.
The second file is just the opposite. It’s filled with the hurts and pains of the past, all the negative things that gave happened to us. It’s full of our defeats and failures, things that brought us sadness and sorrow. Throughout life, we can choose which file we will access. Some people repeatedly return to file number two and relive the painful things that have happened to them. They’re always thinking about the times somebody did them wrong, the times they were hurt or suffered awful pain. They practically wear out file number two. They’re so preoccupied with the negative things; they never get around to exploring file number one. They hardly think about the good things that have happened to them.
If you want to be free, if you want to overcome self-pity, throw away the key to file number two. Don’t go back there anymore. Keep your mind focused on the good things God has done in your life. 

Evangelism 

He is not seeking a powerful people to represent HIM. Rather, He looks for all those who are weak, foolish, despised, and written off: and He inhabits them with His own strength. 
I don't know how your theology works, but if Jesus has a choice between stained glass windows and feeding starving kids in Haiti, I have a feeling he'd choose the starving kids in Haiti.

Prayer:

Dear God, I’m scared, but I want to get to know you. I don’t understand it all, but I thank you that you love me. I thank you that you’re with me even when I didn’t recognize it. I thank you that you are for me; that you didn’t send Jesus to condemn me but to save me. 

I admit I never even realized I needed a Savior, but today I want to receive the Christmas gift of your Son. I ask you to save me from my past, my regrets, my mistakes, my sins, my habits, my hurts, and my hang-ups. Save me from myself. 

I ask you to save me for your purpose. I want to know why you put me on this planet. And I want to fulfill what you made me to do. I want to learn to love you and trust you and have a relationship with you. 

I need peace with you, God, and I need you to put your peace in my heart. I need you to take away the stress and fill me with your love. Help me be a peacemaker, to help others find peace with you and each other. In your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment