About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

On Being Known

I acknowledged my sin to You . . . . I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. —Psalm 32:5
One reason we are unwilling to risk being known is that we fear rejection and ridicule. But when we discover that God knows us, loves us, and is willing to forgive even the worst thing we have done, our fear of being known by God begins to fade away. And when we find a community of believers who understands the dynamic relationship between forgiveness and confession, we feel safe confessing our sins to one another (James 5:16).

‘The voice of sin may be loud, but the voice of forgiveness is louder.’

Prayer 

. Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.

. No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it.

. Trouble and perplexity drive me to prayer and prayer drives away perplexity and trouble.


. Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines.

. The value of consistent prayer is not that He will hear us, but that we will hear Him.

. Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things.

. We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.

. When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep.

Develop a Better Picture 

Mark 8:18

Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
= What kind of pictures have you placed on the walls of your mind?

Isaiah 46:4

[The Lord says,] "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Thoughts on This Verse....

God will not forget us when we're in trouble or when we are old. We may outlive our friends and be forgotten by those who know us, but God will never leave us or forsake us. He will sustain, carry, protect, and rescue us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment