About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Old Age, Attainment Of

Genesis 18:11-13

11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?”
13 And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’

Genesis 37:3

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors.

2 Kings 4:14

And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.

Luke 1:18

And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

Genesis 27:2

And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:

1 Chronicles 23:1

So when David was old and full of days, he made Solomon his son king over Israel.

Isaiah 46:4

And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Quotes

 “If we seek God for our own good and profit, we are not seeking God.”

“Human beings need not despair and go on an eternal search for the Eternal, for the Eternal has come to the temporal.”

 “Preaching is thirty minutes in which to raise the dead.”

“The kingdom of heaven is not for the well-meaning but for the desperate.”

“The people of God are not merely to mark time, waiting for God to step in and set right all that is wrong. Rather, they are to model the new heaven and new earth, and by so doing awaken longings for what God will someday bring to pass.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment