About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Believer’s Hope

The hope that saves us:

Romans 8:24

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

The hope that causes believers to endure afflictions:

Romans 8:25

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

1 Thessalonians 1:3

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

The hope of believers that comes through the scripture:

Romans 15:4

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

The hope which is a gift of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

The hope that is one of the three essential traits of the believer:

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

The hope in Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Thoughts 

If I look at myself, I am depressed.

If I look at those around me, I am often disappointed.

If I look at my circumstances, I am discouraged.

But if I look at Jesus, I am constantly, consistently, and eternally fulfilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment