About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Psalm 139:23-24

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

Most of us don't like being scrutinized and tested. But God knows us through and through. He has been with us from our conception and will work with us through the grave and beyond. So let's invite him into our interior world to search us, test us, and even scrutinize our anxious thoughts.

He is not there to condemn or punish, but to cleanse and redeem so that we can be led to his eternal grace.

Psalm 37:3

“Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.”

Having a place of permanence in the middle of life's uncertainties and having the assurance of God's provision are based on two very clear principles: trusting in the LORD and doing good to others.

When we live by those two commitments, we learn to depend upon God in fresh new ways that bring us refreshment, hope, and new joy.

Faith Quotes

Smith Wigglesworth – “Before God could bring me to this place He has broken me a thousand times.”

Smith Wigglesworth - “I am never happier in the Lord than when I am in a bedroom with a sick person.”

1 John 4:20

“If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.”

"O how I love Jesus!" we sing. Jesus responds by asking how well we are doing with loving our brothers and sisters! We can't love God if we can't love those around us.

Isaiah 41:13

“For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

Life crashes in and we wish we could be children again and have someone to take care of us and protect us. Into our confused and chaotic world, God's promise comes to us once again. Like a loving parent with a frightened child, God reaches out and takes hold of our hand and comforts us with his precious words: "Don't be afraid. I'm here with you. I will help." Even when he seems distant, the echo of this thought can remind us that we are never alone or forgotten (cf. Heb. 13:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment