About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, November 19, 2010

God Healed and Saved me from certain Death

Testimony by Rev. Dr. Emmanuel E. James

Praise God for healing me and restoring my life which has enabled me to write this testimony for His glory and honor.  My wife, daughter and friends took and admitted me in the largest Christian hospital in Koramangala, Bangalore on 18th July, 2010 as I had high temperature, shivering uncontrollably and unconscious.  I was in the ICU for nine days on a ventilator without any improvement. The doctors neither diagnosed me properly nor took interest in my recovery. Since my condition was deteriorating, my family requested our pastor to administer the Lord’s Supper to me. This set off the healing power of our Lord Jesus Christ in me. At the same time hundreds and thousands of prayers were offered for my recovery by my family members, relatives, friends, several Christian organizations and several churches. One of the mighty prayers of faith was offered by my youngest granddaughter aged 11 years. She prayed by my bedside: “Dear Lord Jesus, for my sake heal my Thatha” (Grand Father).  

The Lord does not ignore such prayers of faith offered by children.  “Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thess. 5:17-18). On the ninth day the Lord sent a messenger in the garb of a medical person telling my wife in the morning to shift me from this hospital. Again during lunch time he told my daughters, shift him from this hospital. Then in the evening he told my wife and daughters again the third time to shift me from the hospital. Sensing that the Lord is directing them, my family prayed and decided to shift me to a new medical center nearby. So on the evening of 27th July, they brought me out of that hospital to put me in the Ambulance sent by the medical center with ventilator, oxygen, a doctor and a nurse.  My family tells me that my face brightened even as I was shifted to the ambulance. In the medical center they did tracheostomy to enable me to breathe. They gave me good treatment and I regained my conscience on the third day and recognized my family and visitors. Since I could not speak because of tracheostomy tubes I communicated with signs and by writing on paper.

While I was in the process of regaining my consciousness I saw a vision that was mindboggling and yet comforting. In the vision I was taken in a closed container which was very hot and uncomfortable. They did not give me any food or water. I was sweating profusely, thirsty and suffering. At the end of the journey I was taken to a very dark room where I felt demonic oppression. In my spirit I felt that it was a serious spiritual warfare that the devil had launched against me. I heard a loud, shrill, ugly voice and somebody pushed me roughly from behind and naked as I was, kept falling down, I saw the cross of Lord Jesus there. In that instant I felt that I am not worthy to fall on my Lord’s cross, so I put myself in an angle to fall next to the Lord’s cross. As I fell I felt another cross was already placed under me. Then I heard again that ugly sound uttering something and three demons, strong, dark and dressed in black moved toward me with a big sharp nail and big hammer in their hands. I felt that they were going to crucify me. I felt that I had already suffered enough, exhausted and weak. I realized that I could not bear any more pain and suffering. So even as they came close to me and were getting ready to drive the nails in my hands and feet, I mustered every ounce of energy in me and shouted, “J - E - S - U – S” and fainted.

When I woke up, I saw that I was washed, cleansed and dressed in white garments, seated in a very bright room. The Light was brighter than sunlight but it was not hot. I also felt that this light was soothing and comforting like moonlight. As the light from the “Sun of righteousness” came and embraced me I felt loved, accepted and owned by Lord Jesus Christ. Praise God. Yes, God is good. During the following days the Lord Jesus was close to me. He used to come and sit next to me and talk to me. We had long conversations. I can never forget those hours of fellowship and communion with my Lord. I remembered one of my favorite verses in the Bible: “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:11-13).

Since the medical costs were mounting in the medical center, my wife and children decided to shift me to CSI Hospital on 11-8-10. There they took very good care of me. Within three days, under the supervision of the senior doctor, all the tubes that were inserted into my body were taken out one by one including the tracheostomy tubes and the oxygen tube. As my condition improved rapidly, I was discharged on 25-8-10 and returned to my home sweet home grateful to God for keeping me alive.  Though I was very weak in body, I was strong in the spirit. At home I asked my wife to keep a chair near my cot in order to facilitate my Lord Jesus to come and converse with me.

When I regained my consciousness the Lord made me realize that my case was like that of Job. Satan asked God’s permission to test and smite Job, The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life." (Job 2:6 NIV). This is exactly what happened in my life. The devil tortured me, put my life into severe danger, made me suffer to the extreme, I could feel that he was bent on snuffing out my life but because the Lord had control on my life and had engraved His word and faith in me, the devil could not harm my life. I had strong faith in God and I did not give up for my Lord assured me, “My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.”  (Ps. 31:15-16). 

In the meantime, the devil had taken away all my savings and resources just as he had done to Job. The hospital bills in the Christian hospital and Medical center went up to Rs. 6,00,000.00 (lakhs). Our two daughters, sons-in-law, relatives, and our Bible Study Group members (which I conduct) gave financial help according to their ability to my wife. Our car had to be sold and loans had to be taken to pay the bills. There were also expenses for the medicines, injections and other medical needs.  We should never lose our faith in God. The Lord brought to my memory the following promise in the Bible:  “He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.  Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.” (Ps. 107:20-21).  We hope and pray that the Lord will restore all our resources and finances just as He did to Job.

 I have come out of this difficult experience in my life with increased faith and dependence on the Lord. I feel humbled as I approach His throne of grace. Even after 53 years of serving the Lord He allowed this testing time in my life. It is clear to me that the Lord has healed and saved me from certain death for a purpose. Even as the Lord keeps revealing His purpose for my life, I will continue to serve Him faithfully as long as I live. All glory is to God.

“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed” (Ps. 103:1-6). Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment