About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Friends, prepare to meet your God….


“I overthrew some of you as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire, yet you have not returned to me, declared the LORD. Therefore this is what I will do to you, Israel, and because I will do this to you, ‘Prepare to meet your God”…Amos 4:11-12

Because God punishes sins. 

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. Romans 3:23

“For wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”…Romans 6:23

How to be ready? 

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. Now one comes to the Father except through me”…John 14:6

When to be ready?

 For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation”…2 Corinthians 6:2

Why to be ready?

“Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment”…Hebrews 9:27

Where to be ready? Here and now.

“Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near”…Isaiah 55:6

Let’s examine ourselves today…

Let’s examine this flesh. The following are indications that the sinful self still thrives: self-advancement, self-centeredness, self-will, self-dependency, and self-righteousness. These motives exist in all people to some extent, but over time our heavenly Father lovingly breaks them in His children.

Do we have this experience?

1 John 2:1:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment