About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Seeking God – God’s search for Man.


Guiding Principles: let us point out the essence of the following passages.

A truly seeking heart will abandon its idolatries i.e. those things which compete with God and relegate him into a secondary position.

2 Chronicles 34:1-3 

1 Josiah was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem thirty-one years.

2 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD and walked in the ways of his father David, not turning aside to the right or to the left.

3 In the eighth year of his reign, while he was still young, he began to seek the God of his father David. In his twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem of high places, Asherah poles, and carved idols and cast images.

Seeking God equates trust in God.

Psalms 9:10  

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

A seeking heart gives God priority over other things

Psalms 63:1 

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

There are those who will seek God only under the pressure of affliction.

Hosea 5:15  

Then I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt. And they will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly seek me.”

Those who really want to seek God will not permit inconveniences to stand in their way.

Exodus 33:7  

Now Moses used to take a tent and pitch it outside the camp some distance away, calling it the “tent of meeting.” Anyone inquiring of the LORD would go to the tent of meeting outside the camp.

 The Lord must be sought in the due order of his ways.

James 5:16  

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

True seeking of God is not the mere formality of a religious procedure

Isaiah 58:2  

For day after day they seek me out; they seem eager to know my ways, as if they were a nation that does what is right and has not forsaken the commands of its God. They ask me for just decisions and seem eager for God to come near them.

True seeking of God is not making a mere outward show without on inward change of heart

Jeremiah 3:10  I

n spite of all this, her unfaithful sister Judah did not return to me with all her heart, but only in pretense,” declares the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment