About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Death


A change of state

Job 14:14  

If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come.

Putting off body

2 Peter 1:14  

Because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.

Taking the soul

Luke 12:20  

“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

James 2:26  

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Body returning to dust

Genesis 3:19  

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”

I long for death, but it commeth not

Job 3:21  

To those who long for death that does not come, who search for it more than for hidden treasure,

Chase death rather than life

Job 7:15  

So that I prefer strangling and death, rather than this body of mine.
Terrors of death are fallen

Psalms 55:4  

My heart is in anguish within me;

The terrors of death assail me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment