About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The God of Hope

The believer’s hope is expressed in several glorious ways. God Himself called “the God of Hope”…Rom. 15:13

The hope of “the resurrection of the dead”:

Acts 23:6

Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee. I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead.”

The hope of the promise:

Acts 26:6-7

6 And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our fathers that I am on trial today.

7 This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. O king, it is because of this hope that the Jews are accusing me.

The hope of Israel:

Acts 28:20

For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

The hope that is the object of faith:

Romans 4:18

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”

The hope of the glory of God:

Romans 5:2

Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Colossians 1:27

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment