About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Facts about Holy Spirit - 5

He will impart power to men:

Luke 24:49 

I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Acts 1:4-8

4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 

5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Dwells only in believers:

Romans 8:9  

He will reprove the world:

John 16:7-11

7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 

8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 

9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 

10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 

11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
Dwells only in believers:

Romans 8:9 

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
He will teach all things:

John 14:26 

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment