About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Sins mentioned in the Bible

Causing men to err

Jeremiah 23:13 

“Among the prophets of Samaria I saw this repulsive thing: They prophesied by Baal and led my people Israel astray.

Prophesying lies

Jeremiah 23:25 

“I have heard what the prophets say who prophesy lies in my name. They say, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’

Tolerating false prophets

Jeremiah 29:8 

Yes, this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have.
Propagating lies

Jeremiah 29:25-29 

25 “This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: You sent letters in your own name to all the people in Jerusalem, to Zephaniah son of Maaseiah the priest, and to all the other priests. You said to Zephaniah, 

26 ‘The LORD has appointed you priest in place of Jehoiada to be in charge of the house of the LORD; you should put any madman who acts like a prophet into the stocks and neck-irons. 

27 So why have you not reprimanded Jeremiah from Anathoth, who poses as a prophet among you? 

28 He has sent this message to us in Babylon: It will be a long time. Therefore build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce.’”

29 Zephaniah the priest, however, read the letter to Jeremiah the prophet.
Instigating rebellion

Jeremiah 29:32 

This is what the LORD says: I will surely punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite and his descendants. He will have no one left among this people, nor will he see the good things I will do for my people, declares the LORD, because he has preached rebellion against me.’”
Trusting own beauty

Ezekiel 16:15 

“‘But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by and your beauty became his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment