About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Don’t Break His Heart

Ephesians 4:30

The first time I read this verse about grieving the Holy Spirit from "The Message," I was stopped dead in my tracks. Yet the more I thought about this paraphrase of the passage, the more I was convicted that the emotion, passion, and straight forward language is true to the sentiment of Paul's original words. "Don't break his heart ... the most intimate part of your life ... Don't take such a gift for granted." Wow!

The way I think and act and speak directly impacts the heart of God and reveals my own feelings for God, because the Spirit is God and the Spirit is God's personal presence within me and the Spirit is working to transform me to be more like Jesus. So dabbling in sin, saying hurtful things to others, and distorting the truth does more than just hurt others as I degrade myself; these actions break the heart of God!

Quotes

"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."
— Charles H. Spurgeon

"If Christ does not reign over the mundane events in our lives, He does not reign at all."
— Dr. Paul Tripp

Proverbs 21:29

A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways.

Thoughts on Today's Verse....

When we harbor wickedness in our hearts, there are all sorts of "fronts" we have to keep up so people won't know the truth about us. But if righteousness is our aim, we'll try to live up to that goal with honesty. When we blow it, we'll be honest and ask forgiveness, learning from our mistakes. We won't put up a facade.

We know that even though we're flawed, God is not through working on us yet!

Familiar verse from the Bible…

Matthew 6:33

 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Luke 4:18

 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment