About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 5, 2016

The Meaning of Holiness

Consecrate

Exodus 13:2

“Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether human or animal.”

Set apart

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;
 I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Dedicated

1 Chronicles 18:11

King David dedicated these articles to the Lord, as he had done with the silver and gold he had taken from all these nations: Edom and Moab, the Ammonites and the Philistines, and Amalek

Sanctify

John 17:19

For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Purify

James 4:8

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The Church Is Like a Hospital

 There was a minister who had a favorite slogan that he often repeated in his sermons. He said, "The church is not like a country club; it's more like a hospital." That's what Jesus was saying here when he gave us the direction, "... do not invite your friends ... or your rich neighbors ... invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind...."

You and I are not in the church to impress one another or to win power struggles; we are here to minister to one another in our weaknesses

We are here to be hospitable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment