About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Cross Means That I Can Enjoy Forgiveness.

Can a holy God overlook sin and pretend it is not there? Can a righteous God ignore sin and fail to deal with it? Can the Judge of all the universe "close His eyes" and not punish those who have sinned and done wrong? What would you think of an earthly judge who let a criminal go free without any punishment? Would his judgment be fair? Would his judgment be right? Even if the judge’s own son were to stand before him as a guilty criminal, would justice still need to be carried out? Would the guilty one still need to be punished even though he were the son of the judge?

How can God remain righteous and holy and completely forgive and pardon the guilty sinner? How is this possible? The cross made this possible. God provided a SAVIOUR for me (Luke 2:10-11). This SAVIOUR became my SUBSTITUTE and took my place. My SUBSTITUTE became a SACRIFICE when He died on the cross for me. Because of the SAVIOUR, the SUBSTITUTE, and the SACRIFICE, I can become a SAINT (a set apart and saved person)! Instead of judging me, God can forgive me because He already judged His Son when Christ died on the cross for my sins. The cross makes it possible for God to judge sin and at the same time justify the sinner.

Spiritual Thoughts 

"Our faith and our friendships are not shattered by one big act, but by many small neglects." — J. Gustav White

Christ is Better Than

From the books of Hebrew

The prophets (1:1-4)

Angels (1:4--2:18)

Moses (3:1-18)

Jousha (4:1-13)

The High Priest (4:14--6:12)

Melchisedec (7:1-10)

Abraham (6:13--7:10)

Aaron and other earthly priests (7:11--8:6)

The old covenant sacrifices (8:7--19:39)

The old covenant faith worthies (11:1--12:2)

Parents and others (11:3--13:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment