About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Truthful Words

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. — Ephesians 4:15

Truthful words are accurate. Words spoken in love can be a blessing. But truth spoken in love is redemptive: this kind of speech blesses those who hear it and matures those who speak it. While speaking the truth in love is often not easy, it's worth it! Look at God and see how painful it was to speak his Word in love by sending Jesus. But in the process of that one sacrificial Word, he has saved us and revealed his heart of grace, mercy, and love.

Questions in Job

6:5
Does the wild donkey bray when it has grass,
 Or does the ox low over its fodder?

6:6
Can flavourless food be eaten without salt?
 Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

6:11
“What strength do I have, that I should hope?
 And what is my end, that I should prolong my life?
Tried and Purified

Job 23:10
But He knows the way that I take;
 When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

Thoughts 

. "Once in seven years I burn all my sermons; for it is a shame, if I cannot write better sermons now than I did seven years ago." - John Wesley

. "It is a poor thing to strike our colours to God when the ship is going down under us; a poor thing to come to Him as a last resort, to offer up "our own" when it is no longer worth keeping. If God were proud, He would hardly have us on such terms." - C. S. Lewis

[Message No: 7646]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment