About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Faith’s true meaning


Meditate on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Look at the ways in the Bible that men and women came to faith in Christ. Jesus always dealt with those he met on a personal level, extending a hand of compassion, calling them by name. “Mary,” he said to a forgiven woman. “Lazarus! He called out to a dead man. Jesus still calls us by name and wants us to reach out in faith to him.

Spend time alone with God in prayer. While we are not saved by our praying. Jesus does promise not to turn away anyone who comes to him. Our prayers need not be sophisticated or long-winded. When we are not sure what to say, something as simple as “Jesus, have mercy on me!” will do.

Ask a Christian friend to tell you how he or she became a believer in Jesus. Here is my story, briefly told. When I was eleven years old, I knew that I needed to believe in Jesus and that I had never taken that step. After hearing a message from the Bible on Psalm 116, I went home that night and knelt beside my bed. I said a very simple prayer, something like this: “Oh, Jesus forgives my sins. Come into my life. I want to know you and follow you,” This was not a dramatic experience but a simple surrender of a young boy to the living Christ. From that day until now, my life has been different and though I have failed Christ many times, he has never failed me. My confidence today, and for all time, is in him alone. …Timothy George

* "God isn't looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him" -- Hudson Taylor

* "God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply" -- Hudson Taylor

 There is no greater honor than to be the instrument in God’s hands of leading one person out of the kingdom of Satan into the glorious light of heaven…. D.L. Moody
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment