About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What to Pray for Others:


Colossians 1: 9-14

Intercessory prayer can be defined as asking God to act on behalf of someone else. Sometimes we don’t know how to pray for our friends and family for (or even those who have hurt us), yet we know we should. Paul gave us a prayer pattern of prayer in Colossians 1: 9-14 to follow when we pray for others. Read this passage and try using it as a pattern the next time you pray. Watch how God answers.

Pray that

          They will understand God’s will.
          They gain spiritual wisdom.
          They live a life pleasing and honoring to God.
          They do kind things for others.
          They know God better and better.
          They are filled with God’s strength.
          They endure in patience.
          They stay full of Christ’s joy.
          They always are thankful.
          They recall God’s forgiveness of their sins.

Give God a Chance:

Malachi 3:10

1. Give God a chance by Believing.
2. Give God a chance by Tithing.
3. Give God a chance by Praying.
4. Give God a chance by Obeying.
5. Give God a chance by Yielding.

"All I Hoped For"
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve:
I was made weak that I might obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things:
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy:
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men:
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life:
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I received nothing that I asked for, but all I had hoped for.
My prayer was answered, I am most richly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment