About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Grace can do?


Save the world: “But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD”…Genesis 6:8

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast’…Ephesians 2:8-9.

Give one all good things: “No good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless... Psalm 84:11

Bring men to repentance:  “And I will pout out on the house of David and inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve  bitterly for him as one grieves  for a firstborn son”…Zechariah 12:10

Impart great blessings:  “With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all’…Acts 4:33

Bring salvation:  “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to lived self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age”…Titus 2:11-12

Impart faith:  “When Apollo’s wanted to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples there to welcome him. On arriving, he was a great help to those who by grace had believed”…Acts 18:27

Justify:  “And are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished”…Romans 3:24-25

Overcome sin:  “The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more’…Romans 5:20

Reign in life if permitted : “So that, just as sin reigned  in death, so also grace might reign through  righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”…Romans 5;21

Make one God’s elect:  “So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace”…Romans 11:5-6

Give boldness: “I have written you quite boldly on some points, as if to remind you of them again, because of the grace of God gave me”…Romans 15:15

Make partaker of Christ: “If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?”…1 Corinthians 10:30

Give power: “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me”…1 Corinthians 15:10

Inspire liberally:  “And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity’…2 Corinthians 8:1-2

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work”…2 Corinthians 9:8

Give endurance: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me”…2 Corinthians 12:9

Call men to the ministry: “But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased”…Galatians 1:15

Impart riches: “in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus”…Ephesians 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment