About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Daily Benefits.


When daily we obey God:

Psalm 61:8

So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows.

Friends, do you find delight in prayer, or is prayer only an “emergency exercise” to get you out of trouble?  David ended the psalm with an expression of praise and an affirmation of obedience. Prayer changes things, but prayer   also changes people, starting with the one who does the praying!

Praise His name:

Psalm 72:15

And He shall live; And the gold of Sheba will be given to Him; Prayer also will be made for Him continually. And daily He shall be praised.

And Pray:

Psalm 88:9

My eye wastes away because of affliction. LORD, I have called daily upon You; I have stretched out my hands to You.

Friends, Heman did not give up. Instead he looked by faith to God, the God of wonders, loving kindness, and faithfulness (vv. 10-12). He cried out to God and told Him just how felt. Your feelings may change, but God never changes. You can trust Him even in the dark, even when you seem to be drowning.

Think it over:

What man needs is not a boast from below but a birth from above.

                                                                                                                    … Vance Havner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment