About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Know

By Late Rev. Elisha James

We know so many things but many times we do not know what we should know. Let us try to know things that are of eternal significance.

I know God is for me:

“Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me”…Psalm 56:9

I know the secrets of the kingdom of God:

 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand”…Luke 8:10

I know Whom I have believed:

“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day”…2 Timothy 1:12

I know that I have come to know Him: “We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands”… 1 John 2:3

I know the Love of Christ: “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high, and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God”…Ephesians 3:18-19

I know that my Redeemer lives:

“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth”…Job 19:25

I know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him:

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purposes”…Romans 8:28

One thing I know – I was blind but now I see:

He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see”…John 9:25

I know that when He appears I shall be like Him:

“Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made know. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is”…1 John 3:2

I know that I have an eternal house in heaven:

“Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands”…2 Corinthians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment