About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, April 11, 2016

Keeping Unity



“All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other.” John 13:35

Stop and think about that verse for a minute. Could it be that unity is the key to reaching the world for Christ? . . .

Nowhere, by the way, are we told to build unity. We are told simply to keep unity. From God’s perspective there is but “one flock and one shepherd” (John 10:16). Unity does not need to be created; it simply needs to be protected.

Your Friend Jesus

 “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1:14

Jesus was touchable, approachable, reachable . . .

He was the kind of fellow you’d invite to watch the Rams-Giants game at your house. He’d wrestle on the floor with your kids, doze on your couch, and cook steaks on your grill. He’d laugh at your jokes and tell a few of his own. And when you spoke, he’d listen to you as if he had all the time in eternity.
And one thing’s for sure, you’d invite him back.

Familiar verse from the Bible…

Matthew 16:18 

On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of death will not overcome it.

Your Problems Matter to God

Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits. Psalm 136:1 

If I know that one of the privileges of fatherhood is to comfort, then why am I so reluctant to let my heavenly Father comfort me?

Why do I think he wouldn’t care about my problems? (“They are puny compared to starving people in India.”)

Why do I think he is too busy for me?

Thoughts 

- Obedience to God is the key to freedom.

-The spirit’s keen paring knife enhances a Christian’s fruit-bearing life.

- No one who is abandoned to God will feel abandoned by God.

- Even the best people have nothing to boast about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment