About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, April 8, 2016

My Rainbows!


George Matheson, the well-known blind preacher of Scotland died some time back. He had once said: “My God, I have never thanked Thee for my thorn. I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses, but not once for my thorn. I have been looking forward to a world where I shall get compensation for my cross; but I have never thought of my cross as itself a present glory.

“Teach me the glory of my cross; teach me the value of my thorn. Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain. Show me that my tears have made my rainbows.”

We Are His

 “Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness.”  Psalm 138:2

We give more applause to a brawny ball-carrier than we do to the God who made us. We sing more songs to the moon than to the Christ who saved us . . .
Though we may not act like our Father, there is no greater truth than this: We are his. Unalterably. He loves us. Undyingly.

Smile 

In the journey of life, we pass pleasures and pain. There will be sunshine and rain. There will be loss and gain. But we must learn smile again and again. 

Eternal Happiness

 “God has planted eternity in the hearts of men.”  Ecclesiastes 3:10

You will never be completely happy on earth, simply because you were not made for earth. Oh, you will have your moments of joy. You will catch glimpses of light. You will know moments or even days of peace. But they simply do not compare with the happiness that lies ahead.

Thoughts 

. Jesus sacrificed His life for ours.

. The Holy Spirit is our ever-present Teacher.

. God loves us not because of who we are, but because of who He is.

. Loving God doesn’t make life effortless, but having His strength makes it easier.

. The Bible, God’s eternal truth, can be trusted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment