About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Questions in 1st Corinthians

10:22

Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy?  Are we stronger than he?

10:29

I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom  being judged by another’s conscience?

14:6

Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation  or knowledge  or prophecy or word of instruction?

14:7

Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?

14:8

Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?

14:9

So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.

14:15

So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit,  but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing  with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.

14:16

Otherwise when you are praising God in the Spirit, how can someone else, who is now put in the position of an inquirer, say “Amen”  to your thanksgiving,  since they do not know what you are saying?

14:23

So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

14:26

What then shall we say, brothers and sisters?  When you come together, each of you  has a hymn,  or a word of instruction,  a revelation, a tongue  or an interpretation.  Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

[Message No: 7766]

Note: In order to see my YouTube Messages – kindly see to your right side, above the picture along with my wife, you will find the login. You may click the same to watch my Sermons.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment