About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

He Will Come For Us


He Will Come For Us

 “I will come back and take you to be with me.” John 14: 3
We don’t know when Christ will come for us. We don’t know how he will come for us. And we really don’t know why he would come for us . . . Most of what we have is faith. Faith that he has ample space and a prepared place, and at the right time, he will come so that we can be where he is.

He will do the taking. It’s up to us to do the trusting.

Three Proclamations

 “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you.” Romans 15:7 NIV
Grace makes three proclamations.
Dealing with my sins is God’s responsibility. I repent, I confess, but only God can forgive. (And he does.) . . .
Dealing with my neighbor is God’s responsibility. I must speak; I must pray. But only God can convince. (And he does.) . . .
God loves me and makes me his child. God loves my neighbor and makes him my brother.

God Forgets

I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins…I will remember them no more.  Hebrews 8:12, NKJV

Wow!  Now, that is a remarkable promise.

God doesn’t just forgive.  He forgets.  He erases the board.  He destroys the evidence.  He burns the microfilm.  He clears the computer.
He doesn’t remember my mistakes.  For all the things he does do, this is one thing he refused to do.  He refuses to keep a list of my wrongs.

Forever Saved

 “God’s strong name is our help.”  Psalm 124:8, The Message

You have a ticket to heaven no thief can take, an eternal home no divorce can break. Every sin of your life has been cast to the sea. Every mistake you’ve made is nailed to the tree. You’re blood-bought and heaven-made. A child of God—forever saved. So be grateful, joyful—for isn’t it true? What you don’t have is much less than what you do.
                                                                                                            …Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment