About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Evangelical Words


"Prayer is the means by which we obtain all the graces that rain down upon us from the divine Fountain of Goodness and Love." - Laurence Scupoli

He is able.
He is able to help those who are tempted:

Hebrews 2:18 “Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted”.

"Important as it is that we recognize God working in us, I would yet warn against an over preoccupation with the thought. It is a sure road to sterile passivity. God will not hold us responsible to understand the mysteries of election, predestination and the divine sovereignty. The best and safest way to deal with these truths is to raise our eyes to God and in deepest reverence say, ‘Oh Lord Thou knowest.’ Those things belong to the deep and mysterious Profound of God's omniscience. Prying into them may make theologians, but it will never make saints." – A. W. Tozer

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." - Robert Murray M’Cheyne

"There are a lot of Christians who are halfway fellows. They stand in the door, holding on to the Church with one hand while they play with the toys of the world with the other. They are in the doorway and we can't bring sinners in. And, until we get some of God's people right, we cannot hope to get sinners regenerated. Now they always accuse me of carrying around a sledge hammer with which to pound the church members. Yes sir, I do pound them, every time I come down, I knock one of the halfway fellows out of the doorway, and every time I knock one out I get a sinner in." - Mordecai Ham

Friends, let us lead a soul to Christ—any person, anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances.
"Men of prayer are men of faith; closet supplicants make faith’s heroes." – The War Cry (1895)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment