About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Doubts

Doubts

I remember laboring with a man in Chicago. It was past midnight before he got down on his knees, but down he went, and was converted. I said: "Now, don't think you are going to get out of the devil's territory without trouble. The devil will come to you to-morrow morning and say it was all feeling; that you only imagined you were accepted by God. When he does, don't fight him with your own opinions, but fight him with John vi. 37: "Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.' Let that be the "sword of the Spirit." "The struggle came sooner than I thought. When he was on his way home the devil assailed him. He used this text, but the devil put this thought into his mind: 'How do you know Christ ever said that after all? Perhaps the translators made a mistake.' Into darkness he went again. He was in trouble till about two in the morning. At last he came to this conclusion. Said h 'I will believe it anyway; and when I get to Heaven, if it isn't true, I will just tell the Lord I didn't make the mistake--the translators made it.' - D. L. Moody.

Family Quotes

“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” -Charles R. Swindoll

“I can get up in the morning and look myself in the mirror and my family can look at me too and that's all that matters.” - Lance Armstrong

"In time of test, family is best." -Burmese Proverb

“A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” - George Moore

Faith Quotes

 “When you find out what the Scripture says about a particular situation, faith can be established in your heart, this knowledge will influence your soul (your mind, your will and your emotions).”  Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”- Unknown

 “Our belief in God is not blind faith. Belief is having a firm conviction something is true, not hoping it’s true.” - Max Lucado

Thoughts

~ Of all kinds of knowledge that we can ever obtain, the knowledge of God and the knowledge of ourselves are the most important. - Jonathan Edwards

~ Godliness is a life-long business.  The working out of the salvation that the Lord, himself, works in you is not a matter of certain hours, or of a limited period of life.  Salvation is unfolded throughout our entire sojourn here. - Charles Spurgeon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment