About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, February 10, 2014

God’s Word

God’s Word

Psalm 121:1-2

~ I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Let’s understand:

Since God could speak into existence the universe and since God knows our names and the number of the hairs on our head... surely we know that we can go to him for our help. Let's lift up our eyes and our hearts to El Shaddai, Lord God of the Mountains and know the Almighty sees our needs, hears our requests, and cares about our hearts.

~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Thoughts on this Verse:

We all like "do-overs" or second chances. God does much better than that! He allows us to become new again. Being the "God of new things" he can even make us new. Beyond forgiveness, beyond cleansing, he makes us holy through Jesus. Let's use the opportunity of a New Year as a springboard for living a life fresh and new and alive for God!

Faith Quotes

 “Seek faith at all cost; it is the evidence of the answer of God.” - Rex Rouis -

 “Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation.” - Andrew Murray  

”God is the Judge, Jesus is our Advocate, and faith is the evidence.” - Rex Rouis

Obedience

~ What our Lord said about cross-bearing and obedience is not in fine type. It is in bold print on the face of the contract.   Vance Havner

~ No man more truly loves God than he that is most fearful to offend Him.   Thomas Adams

~ It is not for me to rise up and go in rebellion against His wishes. If He be a father, let me note His commands, and let me reverentially obey. If He has said “Do this,” let me do it, not because I dread Him, but because I love Him. And if He forbids me to do anything, let me avoid it.   Charles Spurgeon

~ [Are we] so much in love with Jesus, so utterly enthralled with the transcendent beauties of [our] Savior, so swallowed up in the adequacy of the Son of God in all things that nothing appear[s] so sweet to [us] as obedience to His commands?  Sam Storms


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment