About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Types of Fasting

1. Absolute Fast

Acts 9:9

And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

2. Normal Fast

Luke 4:2

Being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry.

3. Partial Fast

Daniel 10:3

I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

4. Spiritual Fast

Isaiah 58:6

“Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
 To loose the bonds of wickedness,
 To undo the heavy burdens,
 To let the oppressed go free,
 And that you break every yoke?

5. Hypocritical Fast

Matthew 6:16

“Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward

6. Pharisaical Fast

Luke 18:11-12

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’

7. Real Fast

Matthew 6:18

So that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment