About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Why witnessing?

1. Command of our Lord

Acts 1:8

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

2. Example of our Lord

1 Timothy 6:13

I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession,

3. Appointed to be so

Acts 26:16

But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you,

4. It is our experience

John 3:11

Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony.

5. Others might believe

John 1:7

He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.

6. As His companions

John 15:27

And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

7. To confess our hope

Hebrews 10:23

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment