About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Broken Dreams



 As children bring their dreams to parents
With tears for them to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
In ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How can you be so slow?”
“My child,” He said, “What could I do?
You never did let go.”
- Unknown

.. Most people are proud, not of those things which arouse respect, but of those which are unnecessary, or even harmful: fame, power, and wealth. - Leo Tolstoy

.. Faith teaches a new math, which subtracts old ways and adds new thoughts, for sharing with God divides troubles and multiplies possibilities. - Christine A. Dallman

.. Nothing fails quite so totally as success without God. - Vic Pentz

.. We are too busy to pray, and so we are too busy to have power.  We have a great deal of activity but we accomplish little; many services but few conversions; much machinery but few results. - R. A. Torrey

 .. The more you have the less you can give, and the less you have the more you can give. - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment