About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Ways of Waiting on God - 2



Expectantly:
 
Psalm 62:5-6 -  My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.

Psalm 123:3 - Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! For we are exceedingly filled with contempt.

Micah 7:7 - Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.

Continually:

Hosea 12:6 - So you, by the help of your God, return; Observe mercy and justice, and wait on your God continually

Longingly:

Psalm 130:5-6 - I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word, I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning— Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

Quietly:

Lamentations 3:26 – It is good that one should hope and wait quietly

For the salvation of the Lord.

Faith

Faith is often a waiting journey.

Faith is not a walk of knowing.

Faith is not a knowing journey.

Faith is knowing Him,

Not knowing what the future holds,

But knowing the One who holds the future,

Knowing He is God,

Knowing He is Sovereign.

Think it over…

~ There's no such thing as a successful marriage.  There are marriages that give up, and marriages that keep on trying; that's the only difference. - Garrison Keillor

~ Confusion and impotence are the inevitable results when the wisdom and resources of the world are substituted for the presence and power of the Spirit. - Samuel Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment