About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Gentle and Humble



Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,  for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The Gentle Christian

Matthew 11:28
Come to me,  all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Misery and Mercy

Psalm 130:4
But with you there is forgiveness,
 so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

Mercy – Christ Showed Us the Way

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Rest in the Shadow

Psalm 91:1
Whoever dwells in the shelter  of the Most High
 will rest in the shadow  of the Almighty.

Remembering God’s Blessings

Psalm 9:1-2
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
 I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
    I will be glad and rejoice  in you;
 I will sing the praises  of your name,  O Most High.

God’s Love is Holy Love

Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken
 and the hills be removed,
 yet my unfailing love  for you will not be shaken
 nor my covenant  of peace  be removed,”
 says the Lord, who has compassion  on you.
Gentle and Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment