About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Spiritual Thoughts


.. Teach me, O God, so to use all the circumstances of my life to-day that they may bring forth in me the fruits of holiness rather than the fruits of sin.
Let me use disappointment as material for patience:
Let me use success as material for thankfulness:
Let me use suspense as material for perseverance:
Let me use danger as material for courage:
Let me use reproach as material for long-suffering:
Let me use praise as material for humility:
Let me use pleasures as material for temperance:
Let me use pains as material for endurance.
- John Baillie

.. Let us not curse our luck when we get lost, but let us take God’s hand, for surely he will reveal the best route for us as we travel in this world. - Christine A. Dallman

.. We do not want suffering; we want success.  We identify not with those who are low and hurt but with those who are high and healthy.  We don’t like lepers or losers very well; we prefer climbers and comers.  For Christians, the temptation to be conformed to this world is desperately sweet and strong.  Yet, says the apostle Paul, we are children of God if we suffer with Christ. - Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.

..There can be no doubt that possessive clinging to things is one of the most harmful habits in the Christian life.  Because it is so natural, it is rarely recognized for the evil that it is.  But its outworkings are tragic. - A. W. Tozer

.. Joy is prayer.  Joy is strength.  Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. - Mother Teresa
.. A man who gives into temptation after five minutes simply does not know what it would have been like an hour later. - C. S. Lewis

.. The ministry of kindness is a ministry which may be achieved by all men, rich and poor, learned and illiterate.  Brilliance of mind and capacity for deep thinking have rendered great service to humanity, but by themselves they are impotent to dry a tear or mend a broken heart. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment