About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Perplexity

Jeremiah 12:1-4
“Why do the wicked  prosper?” is asked not only by Jeremiah, Job [21:7], and Asaph [Ps. 73], but also by many believers who suffer because of their faithfulness to God.
The wicked treated Jeremiah like a sacrificial lamb [11:19], but  he wanted God to slaughter them [v.3]!

Would that have solved the problem?

Questions in Genesis 

19:20
Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

20:4
Now Abimelek had not gone near her, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation?

20:5
Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister, ’ and didn’t she also say, ‘He is my brother’? I have done this with a clear conscience  and clean hands. ”

20:9
Then Abimelek called Abraham in and said, “What have you done to us? How have I wronged you that you have brought such great guilt upon me and my kingdom? You have done things to me that should never be done. ”

Questions in Amos

7:5
Then I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, I beg you, stop! How can Jacob survive? He is so small! ”

7:8
And the Lord asked me, “What do you see,  Amos? ”
 “A plumb line, ” I replied.
 Then the Lord said, “Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.

[Message No: 6915]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment