About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Search me and know my ways


We need to consistently allow the Holy Spirit to search our hearts and examine our motives in light of the standards of the Scripture. A regular checkup is a valuable activity for every believer to seriously evaluate their spiritual health in every area of life.

Psalms 139:23-24 

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Jeremiah 17:9-10  

9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? 10 “I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.”

Psalms 26:2

2 Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;

Idolatry

Matthew 22:37-38  

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

Exodus 20:3

“You shall have no other gods before me.

1 John 5:21  

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

Attitude

Philippians 2:3  

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Romans 12:16  

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Conversation

Ephesians 4:29  

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

James 1:19  

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Proverbs 18:21  

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Psalms 19:14  

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment