About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Uses of the Word – SAKE


For Joseph’s sake

Genesis 39:5  

From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.

For Israel’s sake

Exodus 18:8  

Moses told his father-in-law about everything the LORD had done to Pharaoh and the Egyptians for Israel's sake and about all the hardships they had met along the way and how the LORD had saved them.

For David’s sake

1 Kings 11:12-13  

12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son.

13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen.”

For God’s sake

2 Kings 19:34  

I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant.”

His name’s sake

Psalms 23:3  

He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

The elect’s sake

Matthew 24:22  

If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

For Jesus’ sake

2 Corinthians 4:5  

For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

For the gospel’s sake

1 Corinthians 9:23  

I do all this for the sake of the gospel that I may share in its blessings.

For Christ’s sake

2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment