About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Becoming more like Christ

1 John 2:6 

Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Galatians 2:20 

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Philippians 1:21 

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Ephesians 2:10 

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

1 John 3:16 

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Romans 12:1-2 

1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 

2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Philippians 1:6 

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

John 15:20-22

20 Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 

21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 

22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.

Psalms 62:11-12 

11 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.

Ephesians 5:2 

And live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Romans 8:7 

The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment