About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, June 22, 2015

The book of Job

Where does suffering come from? Why do good people suffer?

The book of Job will answer all such questions.

The story of Job

A good man named Job who respects God is blessed with many children, good health, and much wealth. But Satan challenges the LORD to take away all the Job has and make Job suffer to see if he will continue to trust in God. God agrees to this challenge, and Job’s suffering begins.

Job 2:3 

Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

Job 6:1-2 

1 Then Job replied:

2 “If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales!

Job 12:5 

Men at ease have contempt for misfortune as the fate of those whose feet are slipping.

Job 14:7-9

7 “At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail.

8 Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil,

9 yet at the scent of water it will bud and put forth shoots like a plant. 

Job 16:19 

Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high.

Job 19:25 

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

Job 22:25-26 

25 then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for you.

26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God.

Job 28:28 

And he said to man, ‘The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.’”

Job 30:31 

My harp is tuned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment