About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

What the Bible says about Old Age - 3

2 Samuel 19:34-37 

34 But Barzillai answered the king, “How many more years will I live, that I should go up to Jerusalem with the king? 

35 I am now eighty years old. Can I tell the difference between what is good and what is not? Can your servant taste what he eats and drinks? Can I still hear the voices of men and women singers? Why should your servant be an added burden to my lord the king? 

36 Your servant will cross over the Jordan with the king for a short distance, but why should the king reward me in this way? 

37 Let your servant return, that I may die in my own town near the tomb of my father and mother. But here is your servant Kimham. Let him cross over with my lord the king. Do for him whatever pleases you.”

Psalms 71:9-11 

9 Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

10 For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.

11 They say, “God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.”

Job 32:4-9

4 Now Elihu had waited before speaking to Job because they were older than he. 

5 But when he saw that the three men had nothing more to say, his anger was aroused.

6 So Elihu son of Barakel the Buzite said: “I am young in years, and you are old; that is why I was fearful, not daring to tell you what I know.

7 I thought, ‘Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom.’

8 But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding.

9 It is not only the old who are wise, not only the aged who understand what is right.

1 Chronicles 29:28 

He died at a good old age, having enjoyed long life, wealth and honor. His son Solomon succeeded him as king.

Genesis 47:9 

And Jacob said to Pharaoh, “The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult, and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers.”

1 Peter 1:13 

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment