About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Facts about Worship

The Father seeks

John 4:23 

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

It is  written

Matthew 4:10 

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

Greater than Kingdoms

Matthew 4:9 

“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Angels not to be worshiped

Revelation 22:8-9 

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 
9 But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”

Godly men not to be worshiped

Acts 10:26 

But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

Elders worshiped

Revelation 5:14 

The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

John 3:5

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.  

Thoughts on Today's Verse....

Water and Spirit — they track together as key components in conversion and the new birth throughout the New Testament. One is an act of submission and surrender. The other a gift and reminder that only God can make us new by his power. No wonder Jesus made them so important to being a part of his Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment