About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Don’t Miss the Point

 “Lord, you bless those who do what is right.”  Psalm 5:12

The trip from Egypt to the Promised Land can be made in nine days (Deuteronomy 1:2). It took the Israelites thirty-eight years. What they should have done, they didn’t . . . So God decided they needed some time to rethink a few things.

Maybe God wants to teach you a few things. Pay attention. You don’t want to spend thirty-eight years missing the point.

Prayer...

Your love, mercy, and grace have saved me, dear Father. What can I do to praise you? You have shown your might, holiness, and majesty in redeeming me, dear God. What can I do to repay your grace? Your patience, perseverance, and faithfulness have touched my heart and brought me life. How can I ever find the words to say how much I love you? Thank you, dear Father, thank you for all you have done for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Enmity - Enemies

People can be enemies of God:

People who practice wickedness create enmity with God.

Romans 5:10

10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Colossians 1:21

21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled.

Friendship of the world is enmity with God.

James 4:4

4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

The carnal mind is enmity against God 

Romans 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment